Re: [OM] Moose - The Airplane

Subject: Re: [OM] Moose - The Airplane
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 14:14:17 -0500
Hi Ken,

Yeah, it caught my eye from a long way across the ramp. The engine is interesting. It is a well proven Russian design, in wide use for 30 years, now manufactured in Romania in the only plant in the world currently producing radial engines. It can be had in 350 and 400 hp, depending on the supercharging. Apparently there is also a Pitts aerobatic design that also uses the engine, though I've never seen one.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA