Re: [OM] IMG: A Few Interesting Airplanes

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A Few Interesting Airplanes
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 09:58:10 -0500
I have seen the changes, as well. We first visited Gatlinburg, TN around 1954, by car. It was very underdeveloped and peaceful, and very enjoyable. It has changed a lot since then.

I made an early morning flight from Tullahoma to Rock Hill, SC around 1960, and saw the sun coming up over the ridges. Beautiful. In the 70s, I flew into Spartanburg and things were already changing. I'm sure it is much different now. One thing we noticed in the Smokys was the trees dying out at upper altitudes. Glad we saw it early on.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA