[OM] IMG: Wrocław

Subject: [OM] IMG: Wrocław
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 08:12:27 +0200
Wrocław is a city of about 700,000 inhabitants in south-western Poland. Until
1945 it was known by its German name of Breslau. Since the Middle Ages, it has
been a melting pot of Poles, Germans, Czechs and Jews, as wonderfully described
by the British historian Norman Davies in his book “Microcosm - Portrait of a
Central European City”. It is the city where I was born and where my sister
still lives. Tuesday was her birthday, so my wife and I went there for a few
days, taking advantage of the direct Ryanair flight from Alicante. The city is
changing rapidly, it is one of the booming parts of the New Europe. But there
are still many reminders of the Communist past and indeed of the German past
before that. I used to not think much of this place, but recent visits, and
especially this one, have given me an appreciation of the vibrancy and vitality
of this city. Here is a small sample of what the place looks like:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/wroclaw2015

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain