Re: [OM] another side of B&H

Subject: Re: [OM] another side of B&H
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 11:33:57 -0400
Regardless, it's still a fairly generous amount of paid time off for a small US company such as B&H with (apparently) some 2-300 employees.

Chuck Norcutt

On 10/17/2015 1:41 AM, ChrisB wrote:
Sorry, Chuck, I should have explained.

I get 30 days’ leave in addition to the public holidays; the same goes for Nathan’s 35
days’ leave, except that he might have quite a few extra days off work for other reasons, as
I understand it (a couple of years ago EU Commissioner was bemoaning the fact that EU civil servants
can be away from work for up to 61 days).

I think that there might be more US public holidays than the UK’s, but we still get a fair
amount more time off work.  In my current job (I’m a civil servant now) I am contracted to
work a 42-hour week (7h 24m per day, plus lunch period).  But I frequently work a longer day and
accumulate the hours to take time off in lieu (TOIL).  For instance I worked the weekend on a visit
to Soesterberg in the Netherland a few weeks ago, so last week I took 2 days’ TOIL to make up
for it.

Chris