[OM] this week's hike

Subject: [OM] this week's hike
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 09:40:00 -0700
Pup and I went to Cutthroat Pass this week. It is in the lee of the major glaciated area of North Cascades Nat'l Pk so even though higher it is much drier and has a different climate. We managed to catch the last of the larches and beat the monsoon which abruptly begins about the 1st of November... we'll see what El Ni~no brings. Cutthroat Pass is also the beginning of the final leg of the Pacific Crest Trail and we met a few stragglers racing to finish before an incoming weather front. Snow could block the trail any day. 3@30+mi days should do it.

Mike

<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9412>