Re: [OM] another side of B&H

Subject: Re: [OM] another side of B&H
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 19:08:34 +0100
I understand your viewpoint, Chris, and to some extent sympathise. I certainly
can't argue with your synopsis of the titles you mention! But no, Lebedev owns
the London Evening Standard (as well as the Independent) not the Daily Mirror,
which is owned by Trinity Mirror plc, an independent LSE-quoted company (which
also owns numerous local papers across UK, and prints several more national and
regional titles).

I recall a friend from student days who was a staunch member of the CPUK, whom
I noticed was reading The Times rather than the usual Morning Star. It was
evidently an acceptable substitute "at least you know where they stand".

You didn't mention the FT. Bought by a Japanese group a few months back (not
yet completed).

But since we were talking about the Trump, I ought not let pass the story of
Aberdeen Journals, publisher of the Aberdeen Press & Journal, an august organ
of the press since 1747. Or maybe no longer...
http://aberdeenvoice.com/2013/02/trump-exec-vp-weds-journals-ed-joining-the-dots/

Piers