Re: [OM] LEDs R Us

Subject: Re: [OM] LEDs R Us
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 19:49:44 +0100
I talk about LEDs quite a lot at work, Paul, in the context of using NVGs.
Many airports and obstructions are now lit with LEDs with core wavelengths
below 650nm.  There are filters in NVGs at that wavelength, for specific
reasons, so the lights don’t show very well – unless they are cheapo LED which
have a wider spread of wavelengths, I believe.

I wonder therefore if the cheapo LEDs are the ones that transmit and jam your
radio frequencies.

Chris