Re: [OM] Hurricane Patricia Aftermath

Subject: Re: [OM] Hurricane Patricia Aftermath
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 17:06:30 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> It does sound like a lot media hype. I get the impression that some of
>> them are disappointed that the damage was not worse.
>>

>They keep crying "wolf" and people are not going to listen in the future.

     That is especially true for situations that have very long term
consequences.  After a while people become dulled and lose interest in keeping
up with matters as they evolve.

     Right now, two vectors of moisture (Patricia remnants and Gulf of Mexico
flow) are entering into east and southeast Texas, where they are running
head-on into an advancing cold front, resulting in rainfall amounts in excess
of 10".

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson