[OM] Eyecups (was: Arrrggghhhh)

Subject: [OM] Eyecups (was: Arrrggghhhh)
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 08:21:57 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I absolutely detest the stupid design of the eyecups. I just realized that I
>lost the deep
>one I bought because the shallow ones keep falling apart. It popped off the
>camera some time
>during the event tonight, and I can't find it anywhere.
>
>Sigh. Guess I have to buy the FOURTH eyecup for this thing. I want to meet the
>Olympus
>engineer who designed them and make him give me a case. For free.

     On a similar note, I've been trying on and off to find a ROUND eyecup to
fit my E-500/510 cameras.  There are plenty of the egg-shaped ones available,
but those don't work well when wearing glasses.  Rather than having to adjust
the diopter setting of the viewer to set my glasses aside, I'd like to find a
suitable eyecup.

     I do notice a rectangular one made of soft rubber that is supposedly made
for use with eyeglasses:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyecup-fits-Olympus-E-620-E-520-E520-E510-E500-E450-E420-E410-E300-E30-E3-EP-7-/161052683225?hash=item257f7cebd9:g:xk0AAMXQQQZRzqdX

but I'm not sure if it would suit my need.  Anyone have any experience with
these?

     I've also considered modifying an older eyecup for the OM-1/2, but the
mounting flange on the E-500/510 body is wider than for the OM-1/2.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson