Re: [OM] Another Moose Scratch Fever

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Moose Scratch Fever
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 13:22:07 -0500
Thanks, guys!

> All I can say is that none of my UP pictures look anything like that.

Neither do mine. :)

I learned a trick on sharpening in Lightroom last night. Tried it over
lunch time on another shot. Amazing results! The E-1 has learned
another trick a dozen years after it was made.

In a nutshell:

1. Crank the sharpening up to 100.
2. Adjust NR a bit.
3. Subtract the NR setting from 100 and set the sharpening to that.
4. Adjust sharpen Mask to back off the grain sharpening.

Steps 2-4 are iterative for the picture itself. Adjusting one affects
the other. But the generic thing to do is subtract your NR from 100
and set your sharpening to that. Use that as your starting point.

At least it worked great on my E-1 files and breathed a lot of life
into image sharpness.

AG