Re: [OM] IMG: Blackhawks

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Blackhawks
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 21:32:18 -0400
I've seen lots of Blackhawks and especially since my son used to fly them. But I never cease to be amazed at how large they really are.

Chuck Norcutt

On 10/29/2015 6:12 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
As I approached the airport today, I saw two helicopters on approach.  I
assumed they were on a training flight from Fort Campbell, KY.  As I
watched the first two shut down on the ramp, another flight of two
landed.  I spoke with one of the pilots, who said these were the newest
aircraft in the Army fleet, on their way from the factory to a base in
Texas.  The ferry crews were all Army personnel.

Here are the four, lined up for refueling.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Four+in+a+Row.tif.html

Here is one of the Blackhawks as it departed.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Departure.tif.html

And, yes, the line girl was in charge of the fueling, though she had a
helper.  She always does a great job.
http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Pumping+Fuel.tif.html

Please view LARGE.

Ground images with the X-E1 and 35mm

Flight image with the Oly E-510 and Takumar 135/3.5

Comments and critiques welcomed.