Re: [OM] OT: evilBay Outage

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: evilBay Outage
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 08:12:57 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>On 10/30/15 09:53 : , Chris Trask wrote:
>>       Looks like evilBay has a total outage for the second time in the past
>> 24 hours.
>>From the comments on downdetector.com it seems to have begun in Florida, then
>>northward
>>and westward within an hour.  Paypal is also offline.  Downdetector.com
>>states that the
>>problems began at 0800 EDT.  My connection disappeared at 0642 PDT.
>>
>>       You would think that a business that is 100% internet dependent would
>> not be
>>subject to chronic outages.  I'm praying that the Chinese will buy them out
>>and bring
>>in some competent management.
>>

>Both of them are working fine here in Indiana.

     Still nothing here.  When it began I thought I may have received a trojan
from the listing I had been looking at, so I shut down and restarted the
laptop, which was a waste of time.  There's also the possibility that
individual ISPs would be blocking access due to malware content, which would
not surprise me.

     Yesterday I tried to pay for an item, but when I went to the Paypal page
it came up with a shipping cost that was 30% higher than in the listing.  The
seller thought it may have been because I was initially using a PO Box address
and the shipper was FedEx, so I changed it to the street address and tried
again with no change.  The seller had to go to the trouble of doing it manually
and sending an invoice.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson