Re: [OM] OT: Serious Medical Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Serious Medical Question
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 12:29:12 -0000
John Lind?

Glad to see you back, too, John.

Piers

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus
[mailto:olympus-bounces+piers.hemy=gmail.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
John A. Lind
Sent: 03 November 2015 04:58
To: 'Olympus Camera Discussion'
Cc: 'John A. Lind'

Chris . . . see an optometrist . . . or an ophthalmologist (which the
optometrist will refer you to if he finds anything serious). The exam is
simple and quick.

Ignorance is NOT bliss! You're playing Russian Roulette with your eyesight.
Just as a person who represents himself in court "pro se" (aka "pro per")
has an ass for a lawyer and a fool for a client, a person who does medical
self-diagnoses has an ass for a doctor and a fool for a patient. I predict .
. . if you describe the symptoms and their sudden onset as you did here . .
. that they will want to see you immediately. Your description is ambiguous
as to the cause . . . and that's the problem . . . if you've got a detached
retina, or a retinal tear, **immediate** treatment is essential to keeping
your eyesight.

John