Re: [OM] Hiya

Subject: Re: [OM] Hiya
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 10:52:00 -0600
Andrew, welcome back to the list of absurd continuity.

Over the past year I've been "gifted" an E-1 and and E-3. The E-1 is
still such an amazing camera. When it comes to colors, skintones, and
general image "roundness", there is no equal. I've gone back to
reprocessing images taken 10 years ago and am always amazed at just
how much abuse those ORF files can take.

I'm keeping my eyes on the lookout for a 14-54 Mk2 lens. I had sold my
Mk1 when I got the Leica 14-50 and have regretted it ever since. The
Mk2 is substantially improved in three specific areas of interest to
me: The focus mechanism is faster, the lens is brighter at mid-zoom
settings and Olympus fixed one of the two crossover points in the zoom
range where the image would flatten out. They also corrected the
coloring a touch too, but that is a minor change given the extreme
adjustments available to us in Lightroom.

Of the digital era, I consider only four cameras as true "classics":
The Fujifilm S3, Canon 5D, Olympus E-1 and the Panasonic L1.

AG Schnozz