Re: [OM] Net Neutrality - The Saga Continues

Subject: Re: [OM] Net Neutrality - The Saga Continues
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 12:03:14 -0800
On 11/6/2015 10:58 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
We need to carry the lessons of previous wars, but we don't need to carry
the animosity. ...

I like BMWs, too. But I drive Japanese, though I believe both of them were
made in this country.

All the major auto makers are seriously multinational. To even say "made in" any given country is generally wrong. "Assembled in the US with sub-assemblies from several countries that were in turn assembled from parts from those and other countries" comes closer to the mark.

There are still significant differences in the end products, though. I rather enjoyed the Ford Fusion we drove for a month maybe three years ago. Some sort of Ford moderate size SUV a couple of years ago was OK, but no thrill. Five days in a Nissan Altima in Sept. was more than enough. Serious crap to me, The awful, multi frequency road noise on anything but bread new asphalt it may have been cheap tires? But it also had simple human factor failures. The Toyota Camry we just spent a month in was quite nice. I could see buying one, if I were in the market for such a thing.

Critical Mass Moose