Re: [OM] OT: Need a good cheap pocket knife?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Need a good cheap pocket knife?
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 09:17:13 -0800
Nice mod Rick! I understand the satisfaction of fixing up something like this. But kinda big for "pocket" so I would have left the belt clip. I hit one of those cheapo chinese brass 'n wood knives with the polisher and some oil and it looks pretty good. Slim and fits in pocket without bulge and sag. The cheap steel takes a good edge but it doesn't last. I have a bunch of knives of various sorts. A few: My constant companion is a little Gerber which I use as an everything utility knife. The knife that I carry hiking is a CKRT Nirk Novo. The broad blade style lends itself to cutting cheese and spreading pbj as well as the usual knife jobs. I also had a fine high quality Browning but lost it. Got another and lost that one too. Defective belt clip. Too bad. I liked it.

Mike

<http://www.gerberknives.co/product/Gerber/Knives/06501/E-Z-Out-Jr-Fine-Edge>
<http://www.crkt.com/Nirknovo>
<http://i.stpost.com/product~p~4236W_99~400.1.jpg>