Re: [OM] OT: Need a good cheap pocket knife?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Need a good cheap pocket knife?
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 11:23:30 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Last June, Judi, my wife for the past 52 years, fell and suffered
>compression fractures of the spine (old bones tend to collapse) so I've
>been the full time care giver. Fortunately No surgery, just a fancy girdle
>and bed rest.
>Last weeks x-rays show her healing nicely. She's now scooting around on a
>walker.  Should be back on her feet in a few weeks.

     That's good to hear.  I'm always telling these younger cyclists that I'm
reluctant to take chances in traffic as I don't bounce as well as I used to.

>That's good news on the eyes!

     Yes, it's actually progressing faster than I anticipated.  I was surprised
when taking a brief examination after the sweat lodge that most of the floater
debris that I saw prior was not visible.  This morning I made a more thorough
examination and found that to be correct.

     Back in USAF pilot training they teach you over and over that in an
emergency you do the following:

1.   Maintain aircraft control.
2.   Analyze the situation and take proper action.
3.   Land as soon as possible.

     Which can be translated into life situations as:

1.   Maintain emotional control.
2.   Analyze the situation and take proper action.
3.   Have a beer as soon as possible.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson