Re: [OM] Hunt show

Subject: Re: [OM] Hunt show
From: Rick Beckrich <rbeckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 10:17:27 -0500
Nice, but way beyond my budget. Seeing the "origami" divider have an idea
for improvement to my old bag.
On Nov 12, 2015 9:46 AM, "Chuck Norcutt" <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> One tripod leg slides through the underside of the top flap.  The other
two legs are outside the flap.  Interesting design but very large. Check
the small images on the page below and click to see a larger version of how
the tripod is held.

> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 11/11/2015 10:36 PM, Mike Gordon via olympus wrote:
>>
>> Looked at all the usual stuff but one of the Hunt employees had a brand
new bag from Peakdesign --funded from kickstarter.
>> IHe knew it inside out and I liked how it could be converted to carrying
on your back and how it shrunk when needed to carry less gear.
>> One can use some fancy clip to attach via AS plate as well.  It might be
a bit over the top in size for MFT.  I was impressed but wasn't shopping
for that.  I think? one could hike
>> comfortably with it and still have very fast access, unlike my
Thinktank.  The thinige itself is much better than the website depicts
it--odd.  It can carry a pod, but I did not think
>> fast enough to ask him to show me how that works.  The guy was perhaps
25 and reconfigured it very quickly as he used it personally for all his
stuff.  The insert thingies reminded me of oragami, but he knew them cold.
Perhaps I should have gotten it at the show price but had  really did not
take enough time to evaluate.
>> Best bag  of that genre I have seen, I believe.
>>
>> https://www.peakdesign.com/product/bags/the-everyday-messenger/
>>
>> Oh, the Sony rep had his Dad's MD lens on an adapter  on the OM A7RII
but did not know how to engage the image magnification for a manual lens
nor which axes were stabilized with that lens.