Re: [OM] Where's the V4.0 firmware upgrade for the E-M?

Subject: Re: [OM] Where's the V4.0 firmware upgrade for the E-M?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 13:17:06 -0800
On 11/12/2015 1:01 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Moose didn't read the fine print. First the IBIS system is turned on in super-power mode and drives the sensor left and right by 9mm and up and down by 5.75mm to smash the top and sides of the sensor box to make room for the super sensor.

Thanks goodness I didn't have super-power on when I made a little mistake one day. I put the 8 mm semi-fisheye "lens-cap lens" on and tried to frame/focus a shot. Terrible noises came out of the camera, crashing and banging. I quickly turned it off, put on another lens, and all was well. I put the 8 mm on the GX7, took my shot and moved on.

At home, with time to think and check things out, I found what I had done. The last non-electronic lens I'd used was 600 mm. The camera's IBIS was interpreting movement of the image on the sensor as though from a very long lens, trying to correct it, and banging against its limits. Set the camera to 8 mm, and it works fine.

Yet another thing to remember about the two lens-cap lenses. I suppose those who use adapted MF lenses all the time have this step hard-wired into their minds. ;-)

 Calamity Moose