[OM] Bag Man [was Hunt show, was ... A lesson relearned]

Subject: [OM] Bag Man [was Hunt show, was ... A lesson relearned]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 22:08:20 -0800
Looked at all the usual stuff but one of the Hunt employees had a brand new bag
from Peakdesign --funded from kickstarter.
IHe knew it inside out and I liked how it could be converted to carrying on
your back and how it shrunk when needed to carry less gear.
One can use some fancy clip to attach via AS plate as well.  It might be a bit
over the top in size for MFT.  I was impressed but wasn't shopping for that.  I
think? one could hike
comfortably with it and still have very fast access, unlike my Thinktank.  The
thinige itself is much better than the website depicts it--odd.

Too big, too rigid, too heavy. Look at the models in the product images. See how they are trying to make it look not too big, but I'm not fooled. They also try to look comfy as it rests its hard, rigid surfaces against their bodies. I'm not buying it, both figuratively and literally. Looks to me as though, in making the aspects they targeted in designing it excellent, they left out some important ergonomics.

The LowePro I just posted about weighs a pound, vs. 2.5#. For perspective, E-M5II and 12-50 is 1.5 lbs; E-M5II and 75-300, 2.1#. This bag is just out or proportion in size and weight for µ4/3 gear.

For a largish DSLR kit that needs lots of physical protection, it may be good. I could be wrong, bit I think it screams "steal me".

Softly, Softly Baggie Moosie.