Re: [OM] Where's the V4.0 firmware upgrade for the E-M?

Subject: Re: [OM] Where's the V4.0 firmware upgrade for the E-M?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 15:40:45 -0500
That seemed to work pretty well. I've only ever tried focus stacking once and was so disappointed in the results that I've never tried it again.

It was 3 or 4 years ago so would have been done with the 5D. I don't know which lens. The neighbor's crabapple tree was in splendid bloom and I asked if I could cut off a small branch. I cut off a piece about 18-24" long and put it into a large vase with water in it. I set the vase on a table on our enclosed porch... no wind. I don't recall how many exposures I took or exactly how long it took (10-15 minutes at most) but the process didn't work. To my utter astonishment the blossoms and tiny branches wilted so much during the shoot that the stitching software couldn't put them together. At this point I don't recall if I was using Photoshop or Combine-Z. In any case it didn't work. One of these days I'll have to try again.

Chuck Norcutt