Re: [OM] Where's the V4.0 firmware upgrade for the E-M?

Subject: Re: [OM] Where's the V4.0 firmware upgrade for the E-M?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 23:09:02 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
CN writes:
<<Well, with the focus stacking everything is happening automagically. I can
assure you that the E-M1 knows nothing about driving focusing rails... ergo, by
process of elimination, it must be changing the focus <<distance. Also,
focusing rails are only suitable for macro shots where total depth of field
would be measured in inches. Landscape is a different kettle of fish.

Same kettle, just slightly different  but closely  related genus of fish.  I've
done it a few times but can be a pain if wind is blowing w/o zerene stacker to
easily remove artifacts---can pick sharpest image and "erase"
the one chosen by the software with very little work.  Can so the same in PS of
course. Even stacked a few tilted first with my OM Mirex T-S adapter for Mamiya.

https://davidshieldphotography.wordpress.com/tag/zerene-stacker/

http://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/docs/tutorials/stackinglandscapes

http://zerenesystems.com/cms/stacker/docs/tables/landscapes

Stacked, tilted, Mike