Re: [OM] The Stock Photography Business

Subject: Re: [OM] The Stock Photography Business
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 04:15:52 +1300

Reading through this thread, then I shouldn't complain.

In the
last 12 months I sold ONE image from my miserably small web-site, to a
government department (Parliamentary Commissioner for Environment). They
wanted an image for a report they were writing.

I offered NZ$120, and
they accepted. It is of a township just 32 km from here (Cromwell), and
my guess is that they wanted to show (in comparison with the rest of NZ
which seldom gets snow sitting for long on an urban area), what winter
can be like in the central part of Otago where I live.

See my relevant
page

http://www.brianswale.com/galleries/central-otago/winter/images/P8155290D-13-col-srp-Cromwell-snow-450.htm

Brian

                From: Ken Norton (kenzone-10.com)

                Date: Fri, 20 Nov
2015 09:18:24 -0800 (PST)

> Their price for 5 years' license was $5.37.
My cut is $1.61. Guess I can
> retire anytime now!!!

It's sad to see
that I'm not the only one seeing those low rates. I've
managed to pay
for a couple rolls of film this year through stock
sales.

Ken Norton