Re: [OM] Bag Man I...

Subject: Re: [OM] Bag Man I...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 12:37:51 -0800
On 11/20/2015 10:56 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
As I recall, you carry a day pack with the non-photo gear things you need on
the hike.....
Indeed, our needs differ. On our daily walk 1-2hrs I just throw the EM5 over a shoulder. On an all day hike I carry enough to survive an unexpected night out. Or, more likely, to share with someone in need I may encounter. I meet more and more people who consider a hike in the mountains to be similar to a walk in an urban park. e.g. on the last hike the pup and I met a couple of young kids in low-top sneakers and shorts and inadequate shirts. The weather was changing rapidly. I waited for them at the trailhead, no problems this time, they had the sense to turn around.

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/MtPugh2015/MtPugh_40013.JPG>
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/MtPugh2015/MtPugh_40018.JPG>

Big change in two weeks! Some ski hills are now open with 3-5ft of snow. I'll
be sticking to the lowlands for a while.

BRRRRR!! Still, would you send some down this way?

Bone Dry* Moose

* Well, we did have a couple of brief rains come through in the last few weeks, but nothing to put a dent in our water needs.