Re: [OM] IMGs: Dark Monday Humour

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Dark Monday Humour
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 09:56:41 -0500 (EST)

>They are excellent!  Thanks, Chris.

     Even though it may seem inappropriate to make light of the situation,
humour such as this shows the bastards that we will not submit to their goal.

     I see that the Charles de Gaulle will soon be on station:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_aircraft_carrier_Charles_de_Gaulle_%28R91%29

     This carrier has seen a lot of action recently between this and Lybia.  I
was a bit surprised to see that they are still deploying the Dassault-Breguet
Super Étendard:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault-Breguet_Super_%C3%89tendard

     This aircraft has been in service for more than 40 years now in one form
or another.  Just another durable design that refuses to go away, much like the
C-130.

     My understanding is that the nuclear-powered Charles de Gaulle is to be
decommissioned and replaced with a conventional diesel-electric carrier that is
currently being built in a British shipyard.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson