Re: [OM] IMGS: Experimental Photos with Leica SL

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Experimental Photos with Leica SL
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 23:49:18 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
AG opines:

<<... I could get a Leica SL...

<<With an OM lens adapter.

I am sure it is nice and built like a tank probably better with Leica RF
lenses, I presume than the OM Sony A7RII- (even with Kolari modification to
sensor stack) -but.........
and a BIG but,  is why give up the superior resolution and clearly better DR in
the  OM A7RII if you want to use the Zuikos with a dig back?  Yes, some banding
pulling up the shadows in the SL as well.
Makes perfect sense for some, but not for me.  I surmise the 24-90 is much
better than the AF normal range  Sony/Zeiss ones available which are rather
ho-hum. The whole kit is rather big and heavy
and wait and see the size of the longer zoom to emerge.

Admire Tina's work but not pining for an SL, Mike