Re: [OM] IMGS: Experimental Photos with Leica SL

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Experimental Photos with Leica SL
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:58:18 +0100
My take is that if there was a perfect camera then everyone would buy that and we would eventually all migrate to that. The problem is though that everyone is different and while I like my Fuji's I have never owned a Leica so I cannot compare the user experience of Leica and Fuji, I do know though that I never enjoyed using the Olympus micro 4/3 series of cameras, I tried a few but they just "got in the way" of my picture taking an issue I don't have with the Fuji system however I can fully understand Tina being much happier with the Leicas as I can understand many being happy with the newer Olympus cameras.

As for superior, Tina has an eye and experience I don't have and if using a Leica camera is the best way she can realise her goal then she will achieve better images than with a Fuji (or any other camera) - If you disregard cost the same may not be true for anyone else e.g I don't believe my photos would be improved by using a Leica but someone else's might be.

IanW

Tina Manley wrote:
It's all about the ergonomics, menus, wheel, buttons and the ability of the
camera to take the photos that you intend to take.  My Fuji had a mind of