[OM] (OT) iPhone image

Subject: [OM] (OT) iPhone image
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 17:31:50 -0500
Taken while on a walk today. I really do like this phone. <g>

And. because I haven't been terribly pedantic lately, I will further state
that one of the principal reasons I love this phone is that it is helping
me to see differently than I see with a "real" camera in my hand, even the
diminutive Sony R100. In fact, deploying the iPhone recalls the vision
shift I experienced when I started shooting exclusively with a 4x5 camera.
You see shots differently. You plan them differently. You take them
differently. And you process them differently. If St. Ansel were alive
today, you can bet your booty he'd have a volume of iPhone photos out by
now.

Okay, maybe that's taking it to an (AG) extreme. <g>  But when I wander
around with the phone in my pocket, I'm not thinking about commercial
applications. I'm not thinking about selling the photos I take. I'm just
looking for subjects I think the iPhone might handle well, and differently.
(Full Disclosure: I delivered my first iPhone sale in person today. It was
not intentional. She saw it on Facebook and demanded a print.) Furthermore,
when it comes to post processing, I'm using phone apps, not the big boys.
Well, most of the time. I don't feel constrained by the same limits that
nag at me when I'm shooting with a more traditional kit. If you're doing
phone photography and you don't have Snapseed, you're missing the
experience.

Perhaps some day I'll take what I learn back to a larger sensor, more
conventional kit. Or maybe I'm just way out ahead of my time. (NOT)

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal