Re: [OM] IMGS: SL with 35/2.0 Summicron M Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: SL with 35/2.0 Summicron M Lens
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 17:42:54 -0500
And I'm head over heels in love with it.  All of the Leica quality I'm used
to and auto-focus, too.  This camera came along at just the right time for
me as my eyes get older and I'm able to justify the expense.  I'd be glad
to post a full-sized DNG file somewhere if anybody wants to examine the
nits.  I just tried bracketing with the sunset.  I pressed the shutter and
in the time it zipped off 3 shots so fast I thought I had made a mistake
and only taken one.  The shutter is so quiet.  I can't wait to take this
camera on a trip.

Tina

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 5:15 PM, ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I feel no such conflict.  I’ve had a quick look at the galleries on DPR
> and they results look indifferent.  Tina’s samples are of her livestock etc
> . . . and are too small to make a judgement, although they look better than
> DPR’s shots.
>
> My quarrel with the designers at Leica would be aesthetic; the camera
> looks rather like a Cold War relic.  It’s huge and poorly balanced,
> visually at least, and the cost is a joke.  I’ve never fancied Leicas as I
> have always thought that Ms were over-sized anyway, but the SL looks daft.
>
> So, even if the results were magical, I couldn’t envisage liking the thing.
>
> Chris
>
> > On 28 Nov 15, at 20:48, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I admit I find myself somewhat conflicted with the SL: with a few
> firmware tweaks (fast exposure compensation mainly) and a chunkier
> handgrip, this camera would be pure joy to shoot. Even so, it still shows
> the way to the competition in many areas; the tricky question is one of
> relative value. I think it boils down to how much the shooting experience
> is worth to you, and whether the SL specifically works for you. Even though
> we had some clues as to what was coming, the SL takes it a step further,
> and feels like a next generation product – the Japanese brands are going to
> have to start playing catch up. After some expensive but niche (and
> occasionally flaky) product, Leica seem to have found their mojo again
> first with a Q, and now the SL – and are offering something that’s not just
> different, but genuinely better. Just like with the Q, my suspicion is
> they’re going to have problems making enough of them for the foreseeable
> future." Ming Thein
>
> --

Tina Manley
http://
<http://t.sidekickopen29.com/e1t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7lC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9nMJN7t5XYgfmKYPW4WzBHl3Mx_9dW3LqWkM56dQ1Jf7P8b5b02?t=http%3A%2F%2Ftina-manley.artistwebsites.com%2F&si=6038418186567680&pi=57257154-2e82-4eab-80aa-703e79bfcaea>
www.tinamanley.com
http://tina-manley.artistwebsites.com/