[OM] OM-D upgrade, maybe

Subject: [OM] OM-D upgrade, maybe
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 02:11:33 -0800
I was looking at the seasonal deals in my local newspaper, and noticed some rather attractive Olympus prices: E-M5 Mark II, $850, E-M1, $900, and even the EM-10 Mark II $700 (figures rounded up to ignore penny games). And that got me to thinking, hmm, those are rather nice prices. While I like my original E-M5, I am getting a bit frustrated with the shutter shock and viewfinder lag.

So, I turn to the collective wisdom here. Those of you who have used the cameras or deeply explored the features lists (helloooooo, Moose), what thoughts might you have? Do both models alleviate the above things that frustrate me? And beyond that, what are the major differences, things that one has that the other doesn't? What made you decide to choose one over the other?

One very esoteric question: If I got the E-M5 Mark II, would my John Milich grip for the EM-5 Mark I fit on it, or has the shape changed significantly?

--Peter