Re: [OM] New content and it doesn't cost you a dollar

Subject: Re: [OM] New content and it doesn't cost you a dollar
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 08:38:25 -0600
> My old login doesn’t work.  Did I see earlier that you had to re-register to
> leave comments?

Yup. All new site. You'll have to re-register. However, I haven't
enabled that yet. Honestly, I wasn't going to and I was trying to get
rid of the comments feature, but you are changing my mind. I'll stew
on it, check what my options are and turn the features back on.

I am fiddling around with a couple of the layout and color features of
the site, but I think this is halfway decent for now. The header image
and the page colors match. I'll likely change the header image
periodically, though.

The entire site adapts to whatever you are viewing it on. The pictures
resize dynamically for your device too. So, the image width is always
supposed to maximize for your screen. Initially, I'm using 800pixel
width--like for the static pages, but I may grow that to a wider width
to make sure that the images always fill the column and have maximum
quality. I'll look at the template settings to see what the maximum
column width is.

The key to an adaptive website that functions and looks good on all
devices is to keep your columns to a minimum. What happens is that on
a small screen, the columns will end up stacking vertically on your
screen. You'll have menus and what not going places that you really
don't want them to go.

One question for you. I can place a text size adjustment control on
the top of the screen. Is this of interest? It allows the visitor to
shrink or grow the font size for viewing comfort.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx