Re: [OM] Review of Leica SL

Subject: Re: [OM] Review of Leica SL
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 20:03:15 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
AG writes

<<Too bad, but I understand. But I would say that your samples and
<<others has me convinced that this is a very special camera with one of
<<the best "digital films" ever thrown into a camera.

Perhaps I am misinterpreting but I don't totally understand the gush about this
cam as dig film.  It does have  a higher res  EVF and built like a tank.  There
is no EFC like in the A7RII  but no  evidence of shutter shock to date likely
due to large  mass.
It has a lower res sensor and  lower DR than OM A7RII and does not have IBIS
nor BSI !!  SL plays better natively with Leica RF lenses it is clear but have
not seen direct comparisons with Kolari mod of A7RII to the SL.  The Kolari mod
replaces sensor stack with Leica M thickness (refractive index).
Kolari mod might  just play a  tiny smidge better with WA OM Zuikos even, but
that is based on data from A7R.  The Kolari mod A7RII is already "better" than
some other Leica native bodies.  Also give up a lighter body, and tons of
adapters including near full functionality of
Canyon glass.  I would be surprised if metabones made an adapter for this, but
we'll see.  The A7Rii has a tiltable LCD that the SL lacks  but clearly is also
missing a red dot.   Perhaps that is it.

Puzzled Mike