Re: [OM] Review of Leica SL

Subject: Re: [OM] Review of Leica SL
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 08:59:02 -0600
> I think we need the original JPEG to see if the problem is from third party
> raw processor.

The typical comparison or test is with neutral, balanced lighting in
controlled or repeatable conditions. Unfortunately, all cameras seem
to do very well in those conditions and the differences are more
nuance than anything else.

But when the image is of less than ideal conditions or when something
is incorrectly adjusted, you get to see the hidden characteristics
that give a particular camera or sensor its own taste.

It's a little bit like curry. You have red curry, yellow curry, green
curry... To the typical American eater, curry is curry. Yet, each one
is unique and is used for different types of meats.

I just think that the Leica SL is using some really special curry.

AG Schnozz