Re: [OM] The Sun Dis-Appears

Subject: Re: [OM] The Sun Dis-Appears
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 09:20:38 -0800
It does look like the NW are in for a soaking, "A series of storm systems will
impact the Pacific Northwest this weekend
into early next week, bringing a potential for heavy rainfall, very strong winds,
and mountain snowfall."
Too warm to help the skiers but good for the reservoirs especially on the eastside. We are leaving for AZ tomorrow so warmer is better for crossing the pass. If the hose shifts a bit south as the El Ni~no predicts for a bit later in the year CA will get some relief.

<http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZUCGRrWVuUU/VmSERilJj1I/AAAAAAAAjjw/0fPVxv0r_2k/s1600/pcpwv.54.0000.gif>

You're in the rain shadow of the Olympics?

Yep. Pretty good blow here but little rain. No trees lost and the power stayed on.

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/Dec15/SBeach_50004.JPG>

The rainshadow is one of the reasons we chose to live here. Pretty amazing to have a bit of sun surrounded by black. (given the hew and cry and frothing at the mouth in this country) We were looking at the precip map of Scotland and it looks like the area around Tain would be a good place to move :)

We are the 0.02" in the link. We can see the wettest spot in the mainland US from here! Pretty steep gradient.

<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/rainfall_6Dec.jpg>

Mike