Re: [OM] No fly Friday

Subject: Re: [OM] No fly Friday
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 09:40:22 +1100
We don’t have tax discs either - it used to be a wet transfer decal which
caused nightmares if you broke a windscreen. Then a stick-on but now it’s all
computerised of course - they know if you’re unregistered at a few keystrokes
in the pursuit vehicle or toll camera or whatever. Bugger.
It’s considered a bit important because basic personal injury insurance is
rolled up with the registration (unlike the UK). When Chris was hit three years
ago, all his medical expenses and 80% of his income for 6 months were covered
by the Transport Accident Commission. He was then able to claim against them
and achieved a stinking great big payout. Everyone hates lawyers until they
need one - then you feel like send them Christmas cards for life.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
www.soultheft.com