Re: [OM] IMG: Two From My Archives

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two From My Archives
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 13:39:44 -0600
Thanks, Bob.  Probably the old Epson flatbed that worked with Win XP.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 12/8/2015 12:56 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
Lovely. Good looking scans.

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal

On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In 1980, I was shooting with a Polaroid SX-70.  This is an edited scan,
showing my late wife and our first grandchild.  He is now a doctor with a
successful practice in Internal Medicine, and has four children of his own.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Rob+and+Grandma+1980.jpg.html

Among the family history keepsakes that my wife had was a studio photo of
her great-grandparents and their family, typical of the studio work of the
early 1900s.  Her grandfather is the young man second from the right as you
view the photo.  There are some stains from the years that show if one
looks too closely.  I did not attempt to remove them.

Her grandfather went on to build his own trailer incorporating a Direct
Positive studio, which he and his wife used at fairs and celebrations to
provide income during the 1930s.  His younger brother, in front, organized
a crew that toured the West offering to convert family pictures into
curved-glass covered portraits.  Though most such crews were honest, there
were some dissatisfied customers, resulting in signs telling portrait
salesmen that they were unwelcome and might be shot.

The young girl in front lived to be 101.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Orr+Family+Circa+1906.TIFF.html

Comments and critiques always appreciated.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA