Re: [OM] IMGS: Raw Oysters

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Raw Oysters
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 09:41:59 -0600
> I didn't know they grew fake onions in Iowa. BTW Ken, did you watch the
> Iowa/ Iowa State game last night? I made the mistake of turning it off when
> Iowa went up by 20. Saw the last 2 minutes on Sports Center this morning.
> What a come back.

Don't tell anybody, but I'm a Michigan or Michigan State fan. I have
to live in silent exile here in Iowa. Talk about unwanted refugees.
It's bad enough being a Bernie supporter. But being a Michigander too?

In case anybody isn't in the know of what the culinary delight is here
in Iowa, it's two things: Awesome corn-fed beef, and deep-fried
pork-tenderloin sandwiches.

It took five or six years before I could choke down a pork tenderloin
sandwich as they were pretty horrid. But then I was told to try one
from this one place up in Wellsburg, and learned what they were all
about. We now live in Creston, where there is this one bar that serves
what is arguably the best or nearly the best in the state. We go there
most Fridays for lunch (two hours and counting...) and I order one
every time.

They serve this massive slab of golden deep-fried goodness that at
first glance you'd think was a hunk of catfish. You cut it in two, eat
half of it in sandwich form and the other half you just savor each
bite. For the sandwich, I usually have lettuce, tomato, onion, mustard
and mayo on it. It's my one indulgence and I skip two or three meals
to justify the calories.

Kosher? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

AG