Re: [OM] IMG: B-25 from the Archives

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: B-25 from the Archives
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 08:08:18 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>This well kept North American B-25 belonging to the CAF was seen at the
>Galveston, TX airport in 1973.  Just picture these flying from a carrier
>deck, as Jimmy Doolittle did for the Tokyo Raid.

     I recently acquired a DVD copy of the movie "Destination Tokyo" starring
Cary Grant, Alan Hale, and a very young John Forsythe:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035799/

     There's a nice scene with footage of a PBY-4, as well as actual footage
from the launching of the Doolittle Raid, which is interesting since the movie
was made in 1943 while the war was still ongoing.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson