[OM] Alhambra, Nazrid Palace

Subject: [OM] Alhambra, Nazrid Palace
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 19:19:38 -0800
The Alhambra's Nazrid Palace has fantastic Moorish architecture. It dazzles the eye, and can be overwhelming. I didn't have a lens wider than 40mm equivalent. So I concentrated on small slices and details, doing my best to avoid the hoards of people all around me.

This is one of my favorite views. This was the Sultan's prayer room, with a lovely view of the old city of Granada.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/23601664422/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/>

A detail of an archway, upper wall and ceiling decorations.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/23684134426/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/>

A courtyard. Our tourguide, Tarek, is talking to Katya.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/23414526210/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/>

Katya resting in front of some typical outdoor tiles. I believe the woman on the right was from Indonesia.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/23414532100/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/>

This is a different building, the palace of Carlos V, begun the the 1500s and finished in the 1950s (!). The courtyard looks like a bullring.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/23710184265/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/>

Olympus E-M5 and Panasonic 20/1.7.  Enjoy!
--Peter