Re: [OM] House on High Street

Subject: Re: [OM] House on High Street
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 15:06:22 +0000
Agreed, Bob. However, still somewhat unsurprising in Indiana, considering
that portions of Indiana were considerably influenced by the South,
especially in the central and southern portions of the state, which had
been largely settled by people from Virginia and Kentucky. During the Civil
War, there was considerable sympathy for the Confederacy in those areas.
Also, in the early part of the 20th century, the Indiana Klan, which had
broken away from the main body of the KKK, had some 250,000 members. The
Klan mostly faded after many scandals in the late 20s. The organization may
be gone, but (unsuccessful) attempts to reorganize it in Indiana in the 60s
and 70s, would indicate that some with strong sentiments remain.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 6:40 AM Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A confederate flag displayed conspicuously in Indiana means one thing only,
> and I don't need to specify. Indiana lost a hell of a lot of boys in blue
> during the War of the Rebellion.
>
> --Bob Whitmire
> Certified Neanderthal
>

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM, Chris Crawford <
> chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Last Thursday afternoon, I photographed this house with an American flag
> > and
> > a Confederate flag on the flagpole, another American flag on the door,
> and
> > glider rocker painted like the American flag.
> >
> > http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=2264
> >
> > --
> > Chris Crawford
> > Fine Art Photography