Re: [OM] IMG: Visitors at the Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Visitors at the Airport
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 09:19:07 -0600
> I did a search on the Robinson drive-train, and I tend to agree with your
> friend.  It uses a system of belts, which I don't find comforting, and it is
> reluctant to go into auto-rotation in case power is lost.  I prefer wings
> for an unpowered descent. :-)

Whirly things make me nervous. I prefer something with a nice 10:1 glide ratio.

He managed to keep a Longbow in the air for about 50 miles with half a
blade gone, cockpit destroyed and an arm shredded by shrapnel. I don't
recall what he told me that he was hit by, but it's fair to say that
it wasn't a BB Gun.

The R22 is improved in the auto-rotation capability, but the pilot's
response time is critical.

AG