Re: [OM] OT: Collector or Hoarder?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Collector or Hoarder?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 13:04:30 -0800
On 12/18/2015 2:22 PM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
Also would be useful to know the orientation of the camera (which direction
it was pointing) along with the location.

There's provision for this in EXIF, but I don't know what devices might provide
the info.

It's an interesting dilemma when hand geocoding older images. Do I code the spot where I was standing, or Half Dome, eight miles away? :-)

Fortunately, in most cases a quick look at the image itself will resolve both what and where. Even with the Isles of Shoals image, over 20 miles away, the adjacent shots make the situation clear.

Far From Subjective Moose