Re: [OM] Legacy lens for copy work

Subject: Re: [OM] Legacy lens for copy work
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 11:40:17 -0600
Bill,

I'm certainly no expert, but I have done a little of this type of work, strictly for my own use. I think any lens 50mm or longer will work. But, more important than the lens is the alignment of the subject matter and the plane of the sensor, or film, as the case may be. To minimize distortion, the subject and the sensor must be perfectly parallel, and the lens should be level with, and centered on, the center of the subject.

I find that small errors in alignment can be corrected in most photo editing software, but at the expense of slightly distorting the subject. It is better to get the alignment right when taking the photograph.

Hope this helps to set you thinking.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA