[OM] Sony's New Sky HDR App Replaces the Graduated ND Filter for Landsca

Subject: [OM] Sony's New Sky HDR App Replaces the Graduated ND Filter for Landscapes
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 21:09:51 -0500
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Thanks for mentioning that one.  Appears  one can use a different apertures for
the sky and foreground  to maximize sun stars if desired.
The results can be saved as a blended raw file too, making it truly useful.
The previous "Smooth Reflection" app is really the ND filter app vs the current
GND app.
It uses "median blending" I think similar to some astro apps which results in a
very low noise floor.  this can be done in PS as well of course, but it can be
tedious.

>From what I can tell exif data  from OMZ lenses can be recorded using the
>newest version of the lens compensation app.  Too bad there is no way to input
>focus distance which would allow for 5 axis image stabilization with this app
>or any other to my knowledge.

Mike