Re: [OM] Legacy lens for copy work

Subject: Re: [OM] Legacy lens for copy work
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 14:33:28 +0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

Yes, I certainly love my 90/2 even for magnification greater than 1:4.

This is probably shot at 1:3 with 5D II:

www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_5157.JPG

One, unanswerable question - is it any better than it would have been with one of the other excellent MF macros from that time?

And a comment. I tried to be specific about macro qualities in lenses in these posts. This, very nice, image is about central sharpness; sharpness away from the center, field curvature, and so on don't mean a thing for this subject and DoF.

I'm happy that you are enjoying yours.

Stubbornly Macro Moose

Ok, here is a better (still not perfect, I know) sample I just took:

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_3658.JPG

Original slide - Fuji RD100, OM 35-105. Shot with 5D II and 90/2 at 1:2 (F4).

I would say the resolution is comparable to my OM80/4 1:1 macro.

It may take a better test to verify its edge to edge macro performance. But for distance objects, while my 100/2 is slightly sharper at the center, the 90/2 beat it at the edges, it gives a very even edge to edge performance.

C.H.Ling