Re: [OM] OT: Collector or Hoarder?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Collector or Hoarder?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 01:53:58 -0800
On 12/19/2015 7:12 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
, I don't think they work inside the metal tube.
Mine works fine. helped me identify this glacier in Greenland.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/Scotland/Greenland_0041.JPG>

I looked at a Garmin 401 "wrist GPS" today while at REI. Kind of a clunky thing to wear, but should work fine on a bag or camera strap. Then wear it on the wrist closest to the window on planes. :-)

No time for the brewery this trip. Arrived late, left early. I have a Black Butte Porter awaiting at home :) We stopped at Smith Rock SP along the way.

How did we miss Smith Rock? Coming back from Joseph, we came through Prineville and drove practically by it. May have been brain level heat stroke. It was HOT. Thank goodness the SP near Mt. Vernon had elec. hook-ups. It was 105° when we arrived, so we sat inside with the AC going until dusk, then took a gentle walk in the slowly declining heat. It was reaching for 110° at John Day Fossil Beds NM and the Painted Hills the next day, so we were really looking forward to getting closer to the Cascades and a bit of elevation, which we found at Paulina Lake.

Melted Moose