Re: [OM] Active Voice instead of Passive

Subject: Re: [OM] Active Voice instead of Passive
From: Bob Whitmire <fujixbob@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 10:33:37 -0500
Hum. .... the wee photos supplied with mail on my MB Air tell me that this
piclibster fellow is our own Chris Barker. Apparently, in an effort not to
seem quite so pedantic, he has generated another email address to conceal
his identity.

Busted!! Or did I just start paying attention?

<g>

Agreed: Active voice provides substance and clarity and a sense of, well,
activity. <g> My gripe with active voice centers on first-person
narratives, and then it's not really the voice, it's the careless writer.
All those pesky "i's" littering the landscape offend me. Writing in
first-person active requires attention to detail. Active voice provides a
much greater range of expression than passive, but, I believe, is harder to
pull off in first-person narrative for the simple reason that it requires
thoughtful effort not to rely on the ever-willing-to-volunteer "I".

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal