Re: [OM] Re-photography vs. scanning of slides, was: Legacy lens for cop

Subject: Re: [OM] Re-photography vs. scanning of slides, was: Legacy lens for copy work
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 11:58:16 -0500

What lens did you use for a 1:1 reproduction of a 35mm image on a 4/3 sensor?

Chuck Norcutt

On 12/24/2015 10:08 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
      I also have the bellows and slide copier.  I've used it on the E-500 and
I cannot imagine anything easier.

This raises an old question in my mind.  I've got thousands of old
slides to digitize.  It's not been done since I dread it.  My scanner is
an Epson V700, not bad but not a dedicated film scanner either but it
does have dust/scratch removal.

I don't have an easily used slide copier setup except for the OM bellows
with copier attachment.  That's easy to use... on an OM body but I've
never tried (hard enough) to attach it to the 5D and never even thought
about attaching it to the E-M1 until this moment and haven't thought
about the focal length necessary to capture the full 35mm frame.

Who votes for the scanner over re-photography or vice-versa and why?

Chris

      - Hunter S. Thompson