Re: [OM] Amazon Prime Photo storage

Subject: Re: [OM] Amazon Prime Photo storage
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 09:42:16 -0800
You really need decent upload speed/capacity to make the most of this. I am
over 200GB so far, which has taken 3 days (Syncback Pro interfaces well with
Amazon Cloud!)
I occasionally sign up for a trial for the free shipping for a month. Upload speeds are glacial here so the cloud storage is of minimal use to me. Even downloading movies is hit or mostly miss. Life is too short. I just picked up a little WD 4tb NAS on "cyber monday". So far works pretty well on my local net but haven't tried the remote access yet. Wanted to give it a try as a backup option on our recent trip but the internet access up or down here in the western US is crap. Perhaps because we eschew the urban areas.

Mike