Re: [OM] Active Voice instead of Passive

Subject: Re: [OM] Active Voice instead of Passive
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 07:16:55 +0000
Brian

I think that I understand your altruism, but we shouldn’t amend the way we use
our language for those learning it.  We should use it as well as we can to help
them learn it well.

When I listen to French or German speakers, I am more likely to understand them
in their own language if they speak clearly and predictably, with as little
slang as possible.

Speakers of good Spanish can't help me as they speak way too fast!

Chris